Tuesday, April 6, 2010

911 call at 330am


Matthew 5:44 says to love your enemies so why is that so hard to do sometimes?

Last night (i guess this morning) at 330am I was awakened by noises outside of my window and my dog growling. At first I thought oh it's probably a rat or something whatever. Then I heard loud heavy breathing. Then I heard what sounded like someone jiggling the door handles to our cars it was really freaking me out. Since my parents are in Utah for the week and I am home alone I was getting really scared. I thought of all these things like... Should I go get a gun and load it just in case?... or should I turn on all the lights?... or should I just scream?.... I didn't know if I should just call 911 or what so finally after the noises really started to sound like a person and didn't go away I picked up my phone and called 911.

The lady was super nice she sent officers over and stayed on the phone with me until they got there and I could talk with them. of course by the time they got to the house I had turned on all of the lights and the sounds had been gone. But they checked everything out in the front yard and the back yard just to be sure. and Daytona just barked and barked at them (which really scared one of them which i thought was funny.)

After the cops left I was still freaked out because who knows where the person went and if they would come back or whatever. So I went to bed but couldn't fall asleep. My first thought was praying that the person would get bitten by one of the black widows that lives in our drive way.

Then I thought God wants us to love our enemies and to pray for them. So I found my self praying that someone would come into their lives and share the love of Jesus with them. I kind of freaked myself out by praying that because that's not a normal thing for me to do.

I realized it's easy to pray for our friends. Yet so hard to pray good things to those that do wrong to us. Let's start praying and loving our enemies more.

2 comments:

Boot Camp at 50! said...

Amen. I would also pray for their families because a mother somewhere is worried about her son that may harm others.

Rambling Robot said...

Thats crazy Jessy! Wow. Thats cool how God turned that around and had you pray for the person. I don't know if I would have been able to do that. Good stuff