Monday, April 12, 2010

Festival of Life part 2






I was so incredibly blessed to be able to be a part of this festival of life team! I love each and every high schooler that came and that i got to meet and spend time with! When Sarah first asked me to be a part of it i was unsure an then i found myself saying yes and thinking what in the world I am so not equipped for this and I don't even know most of the kids that are going!

I am totally blown away by what the Lord did. My side of the trip was very different than most of the others that went. But that's how all missions trips end up for me. I did not lead anyone to the Lord in fact I did not even end up talking to many people that were not on the ministry teams. But I did get the chance to pray A LOT.

I think sometimes we forget the importance of prayer. I realized while we were at the juvenile hall ministering to the teenagers there that while I thought I was there to talk to the kids I really was there to lead worship and to pray. The Lord has a funny way of doing things like that to me.

Pretty much everytime that I thought I would be doing one thing God ended up having me pray it was awesome and a great reminder of how important intersesory prayer really is!

I really enjoyed my popsicle and story time at night with most of the high school girls. They got to hear my entire "love" story and parts of my testimony and the things that the Lord does in my life. And some super exciting stories of what they now think is my really exciting life!

We had really long, hot, days in the sun but all in all it was such a blessing!

I was so blessed to be able to go and can't wait to do another trip like this! For stories and such from the trip check out http://www.facebook.com/festivaloflife?ref=ts

No comments: