Thursday, August 20, 2009

When God Opens a Different Door

Sorry this is really long but it's totally awesome to see what the Lord is doing!

So over the last few years and really over the last year I have been praying alot! Mostly praying about direction for my life. What does God want me to do? Where does He want me to live? How does He want me to live? What things need to change? What things do I need to devote more time in? What things is He just saying wait? and the list goes on and on. At first I was really discouraged I was getting no answers or not that I saw at least. I got involved in new ministries like the Monday night hospital ministry, and the Tuesday night hard ball ink bible study, and a women's bible study for recovering addicts and a few others. Basically I was busy doing ministry every night of the week and loving it. I wanted to start a high school girls discipleship group and a Jr high girls discipleship group and some other things! I love being a part of ministry!

Then I realized I didn't have as much of a relationship with the Lord anymore. It was more about what can I do for the Lord and being involved in ministries. I realized I wasn't spending as much personal time with Him as I needed to. I went a few months without even going to a bible study where I could just sit and receive. Every time I went to a bible study I was leading worship or involved in some way. Even when I went to Atlanta for the weekend I ended up singing at church there. It was crazy.

Then the Lord showed me how much personal time I was really spending with Him. It wasn't much. I was trying so hard to figure out exactly what the Lord wanted me to do by trying everything and getting involved in everything that came my way instead of waiting on Him to show me the door to walk through.

At JR. High camp the Lord really showed me that He was going to start cutting ministries out and if I was willing to do whatever HE wanted me to do that He was going to show me what things to do. So I surrendered all of my ministries to Him and let Him take control. I made a list of all the ministries I was involved in and let God start the process of crossing things off.

When I got back from camp the leadership team at my church wanted to take me out to lunch because they said they needed to talk to me. I was kind of scared? I mean I had just asked the Lord to do His will and take away the ministries that He didn't want me involved me and my church leadership needed to talk to me.

So anyway the Lord opened a door that I never thought about. Max had the opportunity to move back to yucca and go to the school of ministry there. With him moving back they asked if i would pray about taking over the worship leader position. I was not expecting the Lord to do that!! He opened a totally different door. I never wanted to be the worship leader for a church. I love singing with people and leading for small groups but I never planned on leading for an entire church. I prayed and prayed and the Lord kept confirming that it is exactly where He wants me right now. I was shocked! So basically I am now the worship leader for Braveheart Fellowship. I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do next and what He has in store for our church! There have been alot of changes in the last year and I am excited to see what the Lords plan is!

2 comments:

Liz said...

that's so awesome, jessy! it's so cool to see what the Lord does when we let Him have complete control! :)

Dorri said...

that is so cool. i absolutely love it. it's perfect, as everything God does always is :)