Friday, September 18, 2009

Silence

I can't remember where I was reading but I came across this reading that really got me thinking!

It was on silence and the power that silence holds.

In the reading was this quote that really got me thinking and praying!

"I think the devil has made it his business to monopolize on three elements: noise, hurry, and crowds. Satan is quite aware of the power of silence." -Jim Elliot

It's so true! think about it. When was the last time that you were in silence? We go from the car with the radio to the store, work, or school with people and music and other noises, bible studies, even going home you turn on the TV or radio or some form of music or people start talking. When is it truly silent?

not that it is a bad thing to have noise and to listen to music or people talking but there is a time for silence. A time to just wait on the Lord and hear from Him.

So I tried silence! Instead of turning on the ipod in the car and instead of talking to God I was just silent. I waited on God! It was awesome! I have to admit at first it seemed a little strange but then it became nice! It is very refreshing! Since then I have been trying to spend some time everyday in just silence and peace!

I challenge you to spend sometime in silence I know sometimes it seems impossible with kids or other people around but there is always sometime you just don't realize it yet!!

Let God work through the Silence!

No comments: