Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunrise Assisted Living


For my Gerontology class I have to do 3 hours a week volunteering at a senior center. not that I have more time to spend somewhere else. I chose Sunrise Assisted Living in Huntington Beach. I chose this place for a couple of reasons. one it is in Huntington Beach which is nice that I don't have to drive to Long Beach to do my project. Also they said that I can bring my dog if I want to. So EXCITING!!!!

So I have been going the past few weeks. This week I took Daytona! I was so excited to be able to take her out of the house and brighten someones day! When we first got Daytona we decided we wanted to train her to be able to go to hospitals and other places as a therapy dog! today that actually happened!!!

She loved it! She was just excited to get out of the house and ride in the car! And of course all the people giving her attention helped her enjoy the experience even more! It was so cool to see the joy on the peoples faces that I have been getting to know over the past few weeks. It's awesome to see that just the presence of a happy dog changes a person and makes them so much happier!! I am definitely taking her back next week!

Sadly they dont want us to take pictures in there so you can't see how excited people were

1 comment:

Boot Camp at 50! said...

mmm...sounds like it's time for the doggie video camera. It records and you can see what your dog sees.....