Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Adam

2 Corinthians 12:9
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
So there is a group of high school students and a few others that go on Monday nights to visit and worship with and pray for people. Usually they go to a children's hospital or to visit people with cancer or other people that are sick. All semester i wanted to go so bad but i didn't get out of class on Mondays until it was to late. So this last Monday i didn't have class so i got to go!
I was really excited! when i got there i found out that the person (Jake) that usually leads worship wasn't going to be there. (actually i found out Jake wouldn't be there earlier in the day but didn't realize that he was the one who always led worship) so anyways they asked if i could lead worship before we left! of course i said yes and went to get my guitar out of my car. I was so blessed to be able to worship with these students!
Anyway then off we went to the children's hospital. it was amazing i was so blessed!!! we spent most of the night in a kid named Adam's room. Adam's dad was in there to so we were able to pray with him and pray for him and for Adam and worship with them and everything. I have not had that awesome of a time in worship and prayer in a really long time! A lot of it had to do with Adam laying there not fully awake reminded me a lot of my friend Chris when he was in the hospital after his motorcycle accident. At first i didn't even know if i would be able to stay in the room with everyone because it brought back all the memories and heart ache of Chris but the Lord soon should me what we were there for.
Anyway i was so incredibly blessed by the whole night! as most of you know my uncle and my grandpa died this year along with my friend Chris almost dyeing and being in the hospital a long time and mom and my other grandpa and Pete being in the hospital it has been a very hard year! but the Lord is working it out and He has a plan for everything!!

No comments: