Saturday, December 20, 2008

Missed opportunities

SO you know when you hear the Lord telling you to do something and you know ok i am supposed to do this and then you chicken out and don't do it. well that is me right now. On Tuesday night i hear the Lord telling me to do something and for some reason i talked myself out of doing it. I was afraid of the whole situation and what was going to happen and everything. so i didn't step out and do it. Now i feel horrible i saw someone today that reminded me of the situation and my heart just broke i should have listened to the Lord and stepped out of my comfort zone! ugh i hate this feeling! Now Satan is telling me "Your such an idiot i can't believe you would call yourself a servant of the Lord when you let your fear get in the way." I let Satan get a foothold and know i don't know what to do.

Lord forgive me for not obeying You and missing the opportunity to serve Your people. Stop Satan from making me feel horrible and depressed about it.

Friends if the Lord is telling you to do something do it cuz you don't want to look back later at the missed opportunity and feel the way i do now.

1 comment:

Rambling Robot said...

Amen to that. I know exactly what you are talking about. Try not to look at it as a failure, instead think of it as a reminder the next time you are tempted not to listen to the Lord. Just think to yourself "Oh yeah! I remember what happened the last time i didn't do what i know i should have!" How great is it that God always forgives and gives us so many chances. :)