Friday, December 5, 2008

How Soon We Forget

Isn't it funny how the Lord teaches us something about what we are going through and it totally helps and it's awesome and then months or years later He shows us the exact same thing and then later the same thing again! it's crazy that we can continually forget the things that He shows us!

So today the little devotional that i read was awesome and totally something the Lord teaches me continually so i thought i would just let you read it!

I know, o Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. (Jeremiah 10:23)

Lead me in a straight path. (Psalm 27:11)

Many people want to direct God instead of surrendering themselves to be directed by Him. They want to show Him the way instead of submissively following where He leads.

I said, "let me walk in the field";
God said, " no, walk in the town";
I said " there are no flowers there";
He said,"no flowers, but a crown;"

I said," but the sky is black,
there is nothing but noise and din";
But He wept as He sent me back,
"There is more," He said "there is sin."

I said, "but the air is thick,
and smog is veiling the sun";
He answered, "yet souls are sick,
and your work is yet undone."

I said,"i will miss the light,
and friends will miss me, they say";
He answered me, "choose tonight
if i am to miss you, or they."

I pleaded for time to be given;
He said, "it is hard to decided?
It will not seem hard in heaven
to have followed the steps of your Guide."

I cast one look st the field,
then set my face to the town;
He said, " My child, do you yield?
Will you leave the flowers for the crown?"

Then into His hand went mine,
and into my heart came He;
and i walk in a light Divine,
the path i had feared to see.

We need to decide to trust the Lord no matter where He leads us and no matter what He does! He has a much better plan than we could ever imagine!!

why do we always try and do things on our own and make our own paths?

Proverbs 16:9
"A man's heart plans his ways but the Lord directs his path."

No comments: